Get 35% OFF Today—Chewy.com Limited Time—35% OFF + Free Shipping—Chewy.com
First Symptoms of Lyme Disease, Chronic, Is Lyme Disease Contagious, Pictures
First Symptoms of Lyme Disease
The first symptoms of lyme disease needs treatment fast before later symptoms occur and the infection becomes chronic. A question we are constantly asked is….
Is lyme disease contagious…?
The answer to this is NO, and on this page you will discover more answers including what tick causes lyme disease in you & your canine how to cure it with medications & alternative treatments.
- The disease is normally passed from a deer tick bite which would have contracted it earlier in it’s life cycle.
- The deer tick can contract the disease during it’s first meal from a diseased host, although the parasite can also catch it during it’s second feed.
- It has been estimated that the disease is the fastest growing vector born disease in th US, with 14, 000 cases reported every year.
- Due to the similarity of the first symptoms of lyme disease with flue, sometimes the symptoms can get missed and go untreated.
- Although victims can sometimes get a bullseye rash or bullseye tick bite which can be seen in the pictures above, the rash does not always appear and is sometimes only seen in 30% of cases, so just because you don’t have a rash doesn’t mean you are not infected.
- If you were bitten when the tick was a nymph which is very early in their life cycle, some people don’t actually realize they have been bitten until they start to get some symptoms.
- If the first symptoms of lyme disease are not treated properly or even not at all, then symptoms can come ago over the period of weeks and months and can disapear and then return years later, when you though it had gone.
- It is vitally important that you see the GP or take your dog to the vet if you have any of the following symptoms…
- Flu like symptoms
- Lymph nodes enlarged
- Swollen joints
- Heart palpitations
- Extreme headaches
- Chest pains
- Breathing difficulties
Your canine may show the following signs…
- Inflammatory joint disease.
Go from first symptoms of lyme disease back to free vet advice or back to dog obedience training home-page