Home Remedies for Fleas, Natural Remedy, How to Treat Flea Bites, Adams Control
Home Remedies for Fleas
Home remedies for fleas…
Learn how to treat flea bites on humans, dog’s and how to use a natural remedy to get them out the House…fast!
We have aimed to provide the best home treatment to get rid of this nasty blood sucker, but just in case they fail read our guide to Adams Flea Control.
Home Remedies for Fleas on Dogs
- Cut a nice sized lemon into small quarters and place the segments in a pan.
- Now pour hot boiling water over the lemons and leave it to sit for 24 hours.
- Now place the mixture after you have strained it into a spray bottle. Now spray the mixture behind your dog’s ears, by the base of his tail and under his arm pits – make sure that you avoid his eyes.
Aromatherapy remedies that can be used as a repellent…
- Use 10 ml of sweet almond oil as the base ingredient.
- Mix 10 drops of lavender.
- Mix 5 drops of cedar wood
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly and place on your dog’s skin twice a week.
You can use the following ingredients as a repellent but they must be dropped on a non-leather collar, like a bandanna.
- Tea tree oil
- Eucalyptus oil
Adams Flea Control
When you are rinsing your dog after a good wash, we recommend Adams flea control as it is good at killing ticks as well as fleas. Adams flea control is also good at leaving your dog’s coat nice and shiny which is always a great bonus. It is also renowned at getting rid of nasty odors on your dog.
If you want to use a natural home remedy, after you have rinsed your dog you could place two drops of lavender in the final rinse.
Home Remedies for Fleas Bites on Humans
- Wash the bite thoroughly with cold water.
- Do not use hot water as this can make the bite itch more.
- Try not itch or scratch the bite as this can disturb the area and make it itch more.
- Place a cold press on the bite area.
- Either place some mild steroid lotion on the bite, like a hydro cortisone or even calamine lotion.
- Ask your Doctor first but there maybe a need for a prescription and oral dose of an antihistamine like Dimetapp.
Before using any home remedies for fleas and bites, always ask your Doctor or vet for advice.
Home Remedies for Fleas in the House
Due to fleas liking the milder weather and because the use of central heating has increased, you may see more fleas in the House during the summer months.
Below are some natural home remedies for getting rid of fleas in the House.
- Try and locate where the fleas are hiding, either on your dog or there may even be some eggs in the carpet
- You can do this by looking for the signs of flea poop.
- Vacume the House thoroughly as this can remove as much as 50% of their eggs.
- Apply a thin layer of salt to the carpet and leave over night – vacume the salt in the morning.
- Wash all bedding and clean your dog’s living area – you can also add a drop of eucalyptus oil to the final washing machine spin
- Purchase some Diatmacceous earth – this does not contain any chemicals and uses a clever techniques to kill insects like fleas. The earth has tiny sharp edges that damage the exoskeleton of the flea which will cause it to die of starvation