Cure Diarrhea in Dogs, How to Stop Canine Diarrhea, What Causes Diarrhea,
How to Cure Diarrhea in Dogs
Cure diarrhea in dogs fast…
Learn tips on the cause and a guide on how to diagnose and start treating the symptoms of this debilitating problem, whether your dog is eating grass or vomiting you need to take this problem very seriously!
A common cause of dog vomiting and diarrhea in dogs is due to intestinal problems, but there are many causes of this very debilitating illness so you need to get advice from your vet if you have serious worries about your dog’s health.
So lets get started…
How to cure diarrhea in dogs…if in doubt phone your vet!
Chronic diarrhea can have a huge impact on your dog or puppies health due to the fact that it can dehydrate your dog or very fast. If it is not treated it can lead to a depletion in blood sugar, collapse of the circulatory system and death.
Of course there are mild cases of diarrhea which may not always need immediate attention from a vet but if your dog is…
- And develops changes in his behavior..
You need to get emergency treatment and fast. If you are ever worried though, just ring your vet and if you are on good terms, you may even get some free advice!
How to Cure Diarrhea in Dogs
A Step by Step Guide.
Please we can’t stress this enough if you have any worries about your dog take him to the vet, and ask your vet for some advice before you start treating your dog with any home remedies.
How to cure diarrhea in dogs…
- Keep your dog hydrated with water, you can get some products from most good pet stores that have added electrolytes to help rehydrate your pooch faster.
- If you can’t find any products with the added electrolytes, purchase some glucose and add 1 teaspoon with 2 teaspoons of salt to a litre of water and mix this with your dog’s water and give it 2-3 times a day.
- Dog vomiting and diarrhea is often your dog’s way of extracting any nasty bacteria in his gut – so try not feeding your dog for 24 hours.
- If your dog is still looking ill after 24 hours he may need some antibiotics, but if your dog is showing any of the below symptoms get advice from your vet fast…
- Heavy panting.
- Shaking or having fits.
- Has a temperature – feel his ears to see if they are hot.
- Ok after your dog has had 24 hours off food and assuming your vet has agreed, make up a simple homemade dog food recipe. Boiled rice and chicken is always a good choice as it is bland and easy to digest.
- Keep hydrating your dog with water.
- Now give your dog some cottage cheese and some plain yogurt as this adds some healthy bacteria to your dog’s bowels.
- Check to see if your dog or puppy is hydrated – you can do this by gently pulling the skin on his back into a tent and if it goes back really quickly he is hydrated and if it takes ages or even stays where you left it – he needs urgent treatment as he may need water intravenously.
- Consistently speak to your vet through the process and ask your vet if you can give your dog or puppy any pepto bismol or Imodium for dogs.
Here is a really good homemade dog food recipe to give your dog to help alleviate his diarrhea.
Ingredients that you will need…
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 chicken breast.
Boil the rice and make sure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked and add the ingredients together.
Congratulations we hope you have found our guide on how to cure diarrhea in dogs useful.
Just remember to try and put yourself in your dog’s shoes or paws and imagine how you would feel in the same situation and then you can’t go far wrong.