Dog Sneezing, it's Causes, Coughing, Para Influenza, Alergy & Allergies, Puppies
Dog sneezing and its causes…learn tips on why your dog or puppy sneezes…it maybe due to an allergy, allergies or something more serious like para influenza or even kennel cough…
It is actually quite normal for dogs and puppies to sneeze, especially…
- After they wake up – they may sneeze 2 or 3 times.
- They may sneeze due to a reaction to a dusty environment.
- If they are being walked or exercised on a surface that is dusty.
- They may react to an aerosol spray, perfume or household spray.
Serious Dog Sneezing Problems…
- This cold virus is caused by an airborne bacteria and is extremely contagious.
- Kennel cough symptoms caused by a respiratory tract infection can cause irritation, coughing and sneezing.
- Kennel cough is highly contagious and among other things is caused by Bordatella and Adeno-2 bacteria.
Has your Pooch Swallowed a Foreign Object…
- Your dog may have swallowed a foreign object and will need immediate intervention from your vet to remove the object.
- A common symptom of a dog having swallowed a foreign object includes, distress, head shaking, discharge from his nose or mouth and/or bleeding and possible heavy breathing.
Has your Dog been Injured…?
- Your dog may have received a bump on his nose that maybe making him sneeze.
- Check for any bumps, cuts or swelling and get advice from your vet.
- You dog or puppy may have a tooth abscess as the root of your dog’s tooth leads very close the nasal passage, this may cause sneezing.
Certain Breed Characteristics
- Some breeds of dog have smaller and more compressed nasal cavities that may make them more prone to sneezing, these include Shih Tzu’s, Pugs, other Pekingese, Bulldog’s, and Lhasa Apsos.
We hope you found our quick guide useful but if you have any concerns it is always best to get some advice from your vet.
Go from dog sneezing back to free vet advice or back to dog obedience training home-page