Miniature Teacup Chihuahua, Beagle Mix, Deer, Terrier, Pictures
A complete guide to chihuahuas, including different mixes like the terrier, beagle, or Pomeranian mix, information on the deer head chihuahua and advice on their gestation period, pregnancy, information on their ears and how to care for them.
But not only all this, we have also provided some cute pictures & a guide to some popular and cute names for your beloved little dog.
Miniature Teacup Chihuahua
- Alongside the term teacup, breeders are using all sorts of exotic names to describe the same breed, including, deer head or applehead, pocket etc Their are actually only two breeds of chihuahua and that is the long coat and short coat. The other fancy names are just that ‘fancy names’.
- The Chihuahua is the worlds smallest dog breed with each dog weighing about 6 pounds. The miniature teacup or ‘pocket’ Chihuahua is the same breed but weigh less at about 3 pounds. They are classed as a toy breed by the American Kennel Club.
- The term teacup is not actually a breed but refers to a small puppy in the the litter that has not developed properly. Many breeders feel that due to their size and stature they are far more prone to health problems than the normal sized variety.
- Some breeders actually go further and urge people not to buy this pocket variety as it is encouraging people to breed small and underfed and malnourished dogs
- The Chihuahua Club of America (CCA) are quite concerned about the the use of different names that are being used for the same breed.
- This breed are not always the best to have around small children due to their size and risk of possible injury.
- This breed can come in many different colors ranging from black, white, sandy, chestnut tan and many more varieties.
- They can have long or short coats which should be groomed regularly. Care should be taken when washing their ears.
- This breed are very prone to shivering when cold this is why you will see some dog’s wearing a jumper on cold days when out for a walk.
- Try not to carry these cute little dogs around as they also need exercise just like any breed. This is same for the Miniature Teacup Chihuahua and the adult.
- This breed can have health problems including wheezing and snoring. They can also have problems with their prominent eyes including corneal dryness and secondary glaucoma.
- The gestation period and pregnancy for a Chihuahua is about 9 weeks, before they give birth.
- Some cute names that seem quite popular for the miniature teacup Chihuahua include, Angel, Atom, Bonsai, Bambi and Doodle, our favorite is Atom.
Chihuahua Pomeranian, Terrier or Beagle Mix
- This interesting mix is often refferred to as a Pomchi or Chiranian.
- This mix are not actually a recognized breed.
- This breed vary in weight from 5 to 12 pounds.
- This mix can vary in colours but the most common include merle, solid and sable.
- They love to be around the family and are very loving.
Chihuahua Beagle Mix
- The Chihuahua beagle mix is often called a Cheagle.
- This mix are extremely brave and often think that they are bigger than they actually are.
- They can be keen to bark, take a look at our page on how to stop dog barking for advice on how to control it.
- The Cheagle can inherit different characteristics from each parent so may not always be the best dog to have around children.
- A Cheagle will need regular exercise so a daily walk is a must.
Chihuahua Terrier Mix
- This mix can be high spirited and are also quite confident.
- Thi smix can be quite hardy but also very intelligent.
- They can bark at noises but when they recognize who it is at the door they will stop barking.
- They are quite easy to house train, check out our page on house training a puppy for more information.