Stopping Neighbor Dogs Barking, Methods to Stop Neighbors Dog Barking
Stopping Neighbor Dogs Barking…
On this page you will learn the best free dog & puppy training tips, techniques, devices so you can learn the methods on how to stop your neighbors dog barking fast and effectively.
Ok so lets get started…
Stopping your neighbor dogs barking can be a tricky process if your neighbor is either being difficult or simply doesn’t thing that their barking dog or whining puppy is a problem…
Follow the steps on this page to stopping neighbor dogs barking with as little fuss as possible and with you still remaining friends if this is still possible!
A Step by Step Guide
Before we go through the step by step guide on how to stop dog barking – lets cover a few things first…
- Your neighbor may actually be as fed up as you with all the barking and has just lost control – and may just not understand how to stop all the noise. If this is the case talk it through together to come to a solution.
- There maybe a medical reason as to why there dog is making so much noise so get them to get free vet advice over the phone.
- A dog that has been abused may display behavior problems like crying, whining and barking.
- Puppies who bark, whine or cry are not born aggressive but may not have had early puppy socialization so they may bark through not having been introduced to new experiences such as meeting people, other dogs etc…
- It is always best to try and stay on good terms with your neighbor so don’t go in guns blazing.
- If you don’t know your neighbor, introduce yourself first before you mention the noise.
Use the following instructions as a guide and skip to certain parts depending on your scenario…
A Guide to Stopping Neighbor Dogs Barking
Step by Step
Stopping Neighbor Dogs Barking
- Purchase a pad of paper and start a journal – record the time and date of the barking and grade the noise from 1-10.
- Take a deep breath and go over to your neighbors…
- If you don’t know your neighbor and its your first meeting, don’t start your relationship off with a complaint – leave it for a couple of weeks but keep fairly regular contact.
- If you know your neighbors take over a cake or a beer depending on their taste and start with a chat about normal things…build up to mentioning the noise. When stopping neighbor dogs barking its best if you can remain friends.
- Now with a smile, tactfully mention the noise, you could even mention how you had a similar problem with your dogs, use a bit of psychology…be clever!
- Tell your neighbors the times he is barking, but if you at work be honest and say that there are times in the day when the noise won’t actually effect you.
- Now if you have got to this point, ask your neighbor why they think their dog is barking, there maybe a simple reason…it maybe that that have moved to that House recently and the dog feels unsettled… without realizing it you are now working together to find a solution.
- Now mention going out for meal or a beer and discuss the issues, mention that you know a great e-book, book or website that maybe able to help.
Stopping Neighbor Dogs Barking
If your neighbors are difficult and don’t play ball!
Sometimes when you want to stop neighbors dog barking and they are being really difficult try following the step by step guide below…
- Start by purchasing a dog dazer or ultrasonic dog stopper – these can work up to 50 feet away…just place the dazer towards the barking and it lets off a really high pitched audio noise that only dogs can hear when they bark – and they hate it!
- If you have other neighbors who are friends ask them if they are being effected by your neighbors dog barking and try and form an alliance – they may also agree to a dog dazer which they may place in their back-yard and now you have an ally.
- If you live in a apartment block, condo or complex – mention the problem to the landlord and log all correspondence, keep any letters as it leaves a paper trail.
If you have go to the this point and your neighbors dog is still barking, and they are being really difficult and even a bit of a jerk, you may need to take the following steps…
Stop Neighbors Dog Barking
What to do if your neighbor is being a real jerk…
- Write a letter politely asking your neighbor to control their dog’s barking and wait for a reply.
- Give it ten days and then write another letter, but state at the bottom that they have ten days to respond – state the facts clearly and accurately
- Send copies of these letters to your landlord, environmental agency or Home Owners Association (HOA.)
- If you live in a property that is under a lease, covenant or community code take a good look at the Community Codes and Restrictions and review whether there are any provisions for a neighbors dog barking and what your rights are.
- Get copies of your local and state covenance law and post them to your neighbor – state that if they don’t stop their dog’s barking you will get the authorities involved – give them ten days to respond.
- Now this is the last point of call – go to the Police or RSPCA and give them copies all of your letters, correspondence and your log.
- If the Police, Animal Control or RSPCA don’t feel it is a priority, speak to your MP, local councilor or commissioner – you can always go higher – everyone has a boss – get names!
- Don’t ever use threats, you can sue in a small claims court and can get anything from $2,000 to $5,000
- Never use force, get a solicitor, lawyer and speak to your local Citizens Advice Bureau – a letter from a solicitor carries allot of weight!
- If this all fails, you may have to consider moving, but you will need to disclose your neighbors dog barking.
Congratulations, if you follow this guide you will be stopping neighbor dogs barking every-time!